Moulds are a common problem in many Sydney households. It doesn’t matter which section of your home they grow — moulds can thrive and reproduce so long as the surface is damp.
These organisms bring potential dangers to your home, especially when left without any preventive measures.
You may have or haven’t seen how destructive moulds are. But if you want to keep your home safe, you must know what exactly these microbes are and the dangers they bring. Doing so will help you find the best ways to prevent them from harbouring in your home.
What is Mould in House?
Moulds live and multiply on various surfaces, such as soil, plants or decaying matters.
These microscopic organisms are part of our environment but do not belong to the plant or animal kingdom. They are referred to as fungi, playing an important role in organic material’s breakdown.
They thrive and reproduce the way plants produce seeds, which includes the production of microscopic spores.
These tiny spores are lightweight and can easily travel through the air, reaching various areas in our environment. Once they rest in a suitable place, they will germinate and create mould colonies.
Moulds can be destructive, especially if they grow out of hand. They can cause serious problems in your home when their spores land on damp surfaces.
Why House Mould is Dangerous in Sydney
House mould consumes anything damp they rest on. These fungi can destroy and damage various areas of your home, especially those you don’t check regularly.
They can cause stains, wood rotting, and drywall mutilations. Be watchful and immediately spot excessive moisture on your home’s surfaces as they make a perfect spot for a mould colony.
Besides, house mould can put human health at risk. That’s why preventing them from growing and germinating inside your home is essential.
Those small mould buildup can eventually spread and occupy a significant surface in your home, bringing serious hazards to your family’s health. If you don’t take effective actions to prevent and remove mould buildup, you might face various consequences.
Mould sensitivity is the most common health issue your family might have to go through. Those sensitive to moulds may suffer from skin rashes, sneezing, irritated eyes, and a stuffy nose. Likewise, people with mould allergies may have breathing difficulties.
On the other hand, persons with comorbidities such as chronic lung illness or weak immune systems may get infections because of moulds.
It’s important to consult your doctor or a health care provider immediately if your family has suffered from health problems after mould exposure.
Common Places for Mould Growth Your Sydney Home
Moulds can easily find their way to your home and grow on various surfaces. However, they usually have favourite spots to live and reproduce —those areas with high moisture and humidity.
Here are the common places in your home where you can find moulds:
If it’s too late and the moulds have already grown and occupied a surface in your house, finding ways to clean them up immediately is the best you can do. Always remember to eliminate any dampness that may cause mould buildup.
Moulds can endanger our family’s health and damage various areas of our home. It’s essential to know the potential hazards they bring so that we can act right and undertake the right preventive measures.
Don’t let your family live with moulds growing on every corner of your home. Prevent and eliminate such microbes to make a better and safer place for your loved ones to live on.
If you need help with your mould cleaning and prevention, we at Cleanrific are always willing to work for you. We can scrub and clean those moulds away without you having to break a sweat.